To begin your practice of karate at the Burnaby dojo, all you need to do is register at the dojo.
In order to practice at the Burnaby dojo, participate in kyu tests or other Canada Shotokan Karate (CSK) activities, you must be a member of CSK.
Benefits of CSK membership:
- Puts the practitioner in line with the direct lineage handed down by Ohshima Sensei.
- Gives the practitioner the privilege of practicing at CSK dojos across the country and at its international affiliates.
- Allows the opportunity to attend CSK-sponsored activities such as Special Trainings and special practices led by senior black belts.
- Allows for the opportunity to be ranked at kyu (white and brown belt ranking) tests. Kyu tests are held twice a year in April and November. There are NO grading fees for kyu tests.
- Allows for the opportunity to be ranked at Black Belt dan (black belt ranking) tests. There are NO grading fees for dan tests.
- Provides the practitioner with direct connection to the Shotokan Ohshima Dojo (SOD) in Santa Barbara, California. Several practices a year are held at the Shotokan Ohshima Dojo which CSK members can attend.